MORE THAN 60 YEARS OF NUCLEAR EXPERIENCE AT YOUR SIDE
At the helm of the Energy Transition, Tractebel provides a full range of engineering and consulting services throughout the life cycle of its clients' projects, including design and project management. As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, it's our mission to actively shape the world of tomorrow. With about 4,400 experts and offices in 33 countries, we are able to offer our customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure.
In the nuclear field, Tractebel offers the full range of nuclear engineering services from design to decommissioning of all types of nuclear installations.
We believe in lasting partnerships. As genuine partners, Tractebel brings a solid, global vision to all your nuclear undertakings. With our unique understanding of your needs and your constraints, we strive to deliver a higher quality of service, working closely with you every step of the way, to achieve world-class performance with an uncompromising approach to safety, limited risk and strict cost control. Fully focussed on your success in the nuclear arena, you can expect our most innovative, individually specialised solutions and reliable assistance... today, tomorrow and well into the future.
We support Operators in their challenges of operating their plants safely and with profitability. We also accompany Nuclear Players in their projects in radwaste and decommissioning, as well as investors, future operators or constructors in the development and construction of NPP's, SMR's and Research Reactors.
We also offer high-level engineering and consulting services to all actors operating in the nuclear medical sector, from radioisotope producers to end-users, as well as to equipment suppliers or architectural firms. Our broad spectrum of nuclear competences and deep knowledge of applicable nuclear regulations make Tractebel a unique partner in the nuclear medical sector.
OVERVIEW OF OUR NUCLEAR SERVICES
Tractebel offers complete project management for every stage of your nuclear projects and can act as Architect Engineer (EPCM), Owner's Engineer or Consulting Engineer according to your project needs.
A non-exhaustive list of nuclear services that Tractebel provides is as follows.
- Pre-feasibility & Feasibility Studies. Safety and licensing analyses, core management & fuel optimization studies, electrical system and grid analyses, plant unit systems and component sizing, siting (survey, selection and evaluation), technical aspects, costing (investment and operations), financial review (requirements, projection, plan...), due diligences, project development (organization, scheduling), environmental impact assessment, licensing & safety related studies, contracting (approach, BIS preparation, bid review, clarification...), legal conformity (EU clearance related services...).
- Project Management & Project Support. Permitting and licensing processes, supply and procurement of components and parts, project engineering (management, design review, specification compliance...), erection/construction follow-up and contractor coordination, performance testing and commissioning activities, procurement, quality assurance and control (i.e. supervision of workshop inspections and tests), costs and planning follow-up, environmental requirement compliance, safety and physical protection, assistance for interface with 3rd parties (reporting...), support to Owner during guarantee period.
- Operational Support. Plant modification & modernization, plant life extension & ageing management, fuel & core management (including fuel repair services), core reload optimization studies, fuel handling services, safety reports and technical specifications update management, safety and licensing (studies, follow-up...), training in nuclear engineering, nuclear regulation watch (NUREG, RG...), documentation / knowledge base / nuclear return of experience, expertise in nuclear construction and inspection codes, in-service inspection programming (preparation, evaluation and execution follow-up), periodic safety reviews, repair and replacement according to ASME XI or RCC-M, procurement, supplier qualification, quality control & quality assurance, operational waste management strategy & processes, general assistance in O&M of nuclear installations, operator support systems engineering (simulators).
- Radwaste Management. Waste radiological characterization and minimization, radiation protection studies (e.g. ALARA studies, including shielding calculations and dosimetry analyses), design of treatment, conditioning and storage facilities related to all types of radioactive waste, development of processes and systems for the treatment and conditioning of liquid and gaseous effluents as well as solid waste, design of interim storage facilities for all types of radioactive waste (low-, medium- and high-level waste, alpha-bearing waste), design of final disposal sites for radioactive waste (both for surface and underground repositories), design of spent fuel dry and wet storage facilities, technical support for spent fuel cask licensing process.
- Decommissioning. Inventory of equipment and structures, decommissioning cost assessment, radiological characterization of systems and equipment, definition and scheduling of post-operational phase, definition of decommissioning scenarios (selection of decommissioning techniques, drafting of decontamination and decommissioning procedures, feasibility studies for the removal of large components, cost-benefit analysis & schedule optimization), design of waste management facility dedicated to the processing of decommissioning waste, licensing process (decommissioning plans, safety analysis reports, environmental impact reports...), development of decommissioning radiation protection/ALARA program.
- Civil Works. Design of new nuclear plant from conceptual design to construction supervision, participation in writing/revising design standards, monitoring and assessment of the long term behaviour of concrete structures (in particular pre-stressed concrete containment structures), diagnostic and rehabilitation of nuclear facilities, seismic design expertise, structural dynamics, vibration analyses, soil structure interaction and fluid structure interaction, geotechnical analyses (including seismic soil structure interaction issues), probabilistic safety analysis and seismic margin assessment of nuclear structures, structural design for dropped loads, explosions and air plane crash, involvement in developing the design and construction standards for nuclear structures, training courses.
- Nuclear 4 Medical
: Marketing & Sales Officer: Sylviane De Boever